Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ricardo_arango
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2007 :  03:26:08  Show Profile
Hi,

I am using texporter to generate hiehgtmaps, but I haven't been able to generate the height colors correctly. I have a mesh terrain with a UVWMap modifier, planar mapping centered, aligned and the same size of the terrain. When I use the texporter plugin it creates a height image. But the colors are not correct. I don't get values betweeen 0 (black) and 1(white), but more grayish, I mean, something between 0.2 and 0.8.

I tried moving the gizmo up and down in the z axis with no luck.

How can I specify the height of my terrain, or the way the height is measured?

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2007 :  14:20:57  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Gah! You are right. I checked the code and realized that I coded that part sluggishly (hey! that was more than 10 years ago )

So for now you can get the full range image by adjusting the levels (clamping the black and white regions). Here are the exact locations you need to clamp the colors:
Black Point: 0.305 (or 78/255)
White Point: 0.916 (or 234/255)

You can use tools like Photoshop's Levels adjustment to do this.

Sorry for that stupid code.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

ricardo_arango
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2007 :  19:28:02  Show Profile
I can fix it using normalize in GimpShop... I suppose Photoshop has an equivalent tool.

There's another problem, sometimes the image has a black border 1px width on the right and bottom borders. I can get around that as well with some editing, but just to let you know. I found about it when trying to normalize the colors, it wasn't normalizing the image right because of the black borders.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2007 :  23:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
If the exact values are important I'd recommend doing level adjustment by entering the values explicitly. When I tried photoshop's auto-level tool, it cropped the histogram a bit too far.

as for the 1px error, yup the code has few quirks like that. It needs some revisiting.

thanks for the feedback.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

maryyou
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  12:40:40  Show Profile  Visit maryyou's Homepage
I can fix it using Aion Gold normalize in GimpShop... I suppose Photoshop has an equivalent tool.

maryyou
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000